[plt-scheme] Re: Change the World

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 22 09:20:39 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005, Noel Welsh wrote:

> I'm with Alex:
>
> It's lack of available tools, libraries, and community to
> enable rapid development of typical apps.  We're getting
> there, but it is taking a long time.

I totally agree. This was in fact the direct inspiration for PLaneT, which
seems to be helping at least a little.

> DB bindings (for 299 please) would be really helpful

EMPHATICALLY YES!! I'm writing this while taking a break from writing YET
ANOTHER flat-file implementation of relational-data persistence for a web
application I'm doing. Essentially every time I write a program that's not
about programming languages I find myself badly reimplementing half of a
sql server.

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.