[plt-scheme] Crash issues with mzssl in 299.100

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 26 11:24:19 EDT 2005

At Wed, 27 Jul 2005 01:10:59 +1000, Jepri wrote:
> I was trying to write a small program using mzssl, but the ssl-accept
> call kept crashing DrScheme.  To check, I installed PLT 299.000
> (stable), and the code ran fine.  Reinstalling 299.100(alpha), it
> crashed again.  I'm new to scheme so I'm not so good at finding the root
> of problems, but I have a minimal test case that always causes the
> crash.

Thanks for the test case --- I can confirm that `ssl-accept' is broken
in 299.100. I've fixed the problem in the SVN repository trunk.

The problem is that make_sslin_port and make_sslout_port are called
with NULL for the port name. I fixed this by checking for NULL before
calling scheme_make_immutable_sized_utf8_string() in each function.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.