[plt-scheme] Installing v209 after v299.X on OS X 10.4

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Sun Jul 24 11:25:38 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I recently nuked my machine, and started installing things from scratch.
I installed the 299.100 binary package for OS X (in this case, patched
to 10.4.2), and all went well.

I then went to install 209; this did not work. I found I had to remove
three files from /Library/Receipts---in particular, the receipts for the
MzScheme and MrEd frameworks, as well as the receipt for DrScheme
itself. My apologies for not having the exact names any more... as I
deleted them.

Once they were gone, OS X no longer knew that software had been
installed, and happily allowed me to install an older version.

Perhaps installing 209 first would have eliminated this problem.

The why, however, is something worth noting: I wanted code from the v209
Planet repository. The only way to get this code (as far as I can tell)
is to use a version 209 PLT Scheme to obtain it. Is there any other way
to obtain code from the Planet repository?

Thanks,