[plt-scheme] Announcing DivaScheme: voice-based program editing

From: Shriram Krishnamurthi (shriram at gmail.com)
Date: Mon Aug 29 20:15:01 EDT 2005

                              DivaScheme
         ...for times when you wish your doctor would listen

DivaScheme enhances DrScheme with voice-based program editing.
DivaScheme's commands support both the creation of new code and the
modification of existing code.

DivaScheme introduces a command shell, the Diva Box, that recognizes
the system's commands.  These commands can be entered by voice
dictation, via keyboard shortcuts, or by typing them in full (as when
employing an amanuensis).  Using these commands results in a form of
structured program editing.  DivaScheme is sensitive to the current
language level and knows the language constructs defined at that level
(but only for the Scheme variants).  The current version does not
recognize macro-based programmer extensions to the language.

DivaScheme does not itself perform voice recognition; we instead
expect users to employ their favorite voice recognition system.  We
have tested DivaScheme using the commercial Dragon Naturally Speaking
package.  We look forward to user feedback on their experiences.

You can find the software and installation instructions at

  http://www.cs.brown.edu/research/plt/software/divascheme/

DivaScheme was designed and implemented by Romain Legendre, Guillaume
Marceau, Kathi Fisler and Shriram Krishnamurthi.  We thank Jay
McCarthy for his help.

Posted on the users mailing list.