[plt-scheme] modules, autodoc, and the drscheme multimedia format

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 29 16:57:19 EDT 2005

At Mon, 29 Aug 2005 13:30:13 -0500, Corey Sweeney wrote:
> or, another option...  Is there a way to access the drscheme
> multimedia format?  Currently for text .scm files, I wrote a script
> that greps for defines and ';**' comments at the end of a line which
> are used to mark a line as important to go in the summary.  But many
> files in the drscheme multimedia format are inaccessable to me.  I
> realize that I could export every file to "text format", and then grep
> through those, but I'm hoping for a automatic process in which with
> once command i'll be able to generate all my documentation.

For now, you have to load it into a text% and use
`open-input-text-editor'.

I intend to replace the current binary format with an S-expression
format, but I don't have an ETA for that.

> i found "(lookup-documentation module-path-v label-sym)",in the docs,
> but i can't figure what "label-sym" is supposed to be.

It's the `doc-label-id' of `provide-and-document', which is an
experimental documentation system that I think doesn't work right.

> (provide-and-document
>  (all-defined)), but that didn't work.
>
> Is there more info on how to use this?

See the docs for `provide-and-document' (with the caveat that I
implemented it and I don't like it). This form has a different syntax
than `provide'.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.