[plt-scheme] A suggestion for Planet

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Aug 10 15:35:22 EDT 2005

While Planet continues to use a custom protocol I can't use
it at University.  I realise that changing it to use HTTP
is probably more effort than people can afford at this
time.  A much simpler alternative would be to provide
packages using normal HTTP download and require the user to
install using the planet command line tool.  I imagine the
Planet server stores its packages in the filesystem, so it
would only be necessary to make this filesystem accessible
by the web server.  This would sort out my problem, and
make me very happy.

Thanks,
Noel

AIM: noelhwelsh