[plt-scheme] Re: connecting DrScheme servlets to MySQL

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at cs.uvm.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 25 12:45:41 EDT 2005

Geoffrey Knauth wrote:
> I'm using DrScheme v299.100.  I want to connect with a MySQL database.
> I had some adventures with mysqlclient.ss below.

These problems are probably caused by changes between the version of MySQL
that you are using and the one I used when writing mysqlclient.ss.  It's
unfortunately pretty sensitive.

I have a new version of the library, written using the foreign interface, that
provides a Scheme interface for version 10, 12, and 14 of the libmysqlclient
library (ie. version 3.23, 4.0, and 4.1, respectively, of MySQL).  It seems to
be a much less flaky package, and I hope to make it available soon (within a
week) on PLaneT.  If you can wait, I'd recommend using this.  If not, let me
know what version of MySQL you are using (from mysql_version.h) and I can send
you a patch.

David

Posted on the users mailing list.