[plt-scheme] quasiquote-style output

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 22 07:42:30 EST 2004

At Mon, 22 Nov 2004 13:09:26 +0100, Thomas-Xavier MARTIN wrote:
> Is there any way to have the printer in MzScheme and in DrScheme use
> quasiquote-style output PROGRAMMATICALLY ?
> [...]
> For example, a flag given to the MzScheme executable at the top of
> the script, or an additional parameter given to display, or just
> using instead of display some specific procedure which I have not
> heard about yet.

The last one, roughly: see the "pconvert.ss" MzLib library. The
`print-convert' procedure converts a value v1 to a value v2 such that
when v2 is written, the output can be read back as an expression to
produce v1.

You'll want to set the library's `constructor-style-printing' parameter
to #f before converting a value for display.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.