[plt-scheme] 299.21

From: Lauri Alanko (la at iki.fi)
Date: Tue Nov 2 16:05:08 EST 2004

On Tue, Nov 02, 2004 at 03:16:20PM -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote:
> If you know of some environment that doesn't have inttypes.h and there
> is some other way to specify these types, then tell me.

sirppi:/var/tmp/lealanko/plt/src/foreign$ make
make foreign.o
gcc -g -O2  -Wall      -I./../mzscheme/include -I./../mzscheme/src  -Igcc/libffi/include -c ./foreign.c -o foreign.o
./foreign.c:13: inttypes.h: No such file or directory
*** Exit 1
sirppi:/var/tmp/lealanko/plt/src/foreign$ uname -a
OSF1 sirppi V4.0 1229 alpha

And OSF1 _is_ mentioned in the list of supported platforms in README.

The usual way (pre-C99) to do this kind of thing is to check the sizes
of the standard integer types during configuration and then generate
appropriate typedefs for them. One can use autoconf's builtin
AC_CHECK_SIZEOF macro and then do a bunch of #if tests in a header, or
generate a platform-specific header file with the right typedefs
directly (see how it's done in e.g. GLib).

Lauri

Posted on the users mailing list.