[plt-scheme] DrScheme on a Unix server

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon May 17 15:05:40 EDT 2004

On May 17, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos wrote:
> > Is it possible to install DrScheme (or mzscheme) in the user home directory,
> > without root privileges?
>
> I do that for cvs installs. Just run the configure script without any
> special prefix and it will install to the directory where the drscheme
> package was unpacked. It works under linux at least.

There is no need for going all the way to cvs and compiling yourself
-- the shell installers will run fine if you run them from your home
directory.  They will ask you where you want to install things, and
you can choose to install them at the current directory.  More than
that -- if you have a bin, include, man etc directories, the
installers will suggest setting up soft links to the relevant places.