[plt-scheme] DrScheme Interactions window

From: Connor Ferguson (psfreak at linkline.com)
Date: Mon May 10 19:23:10 EDT 2004

Very impressive! Your application is far more advanced than mine, which
simply uses the built in gui.ss teachpack as an executable. Mine is
specifically for conjugating one tense at a time and with one subject.

For example, in the subject field (this is in Spanish) one would put: "yo"
and in the infinitive field, for example, estar. The program would then
return "yo estoy".  Each tense is somewhat of an application unto itself.

Even though my program is different and much simpler, I would very much
appreciate you sending me your program. I'm mostly a Spanish person, and
although I have a friend helping me with the French version of the
application I would definitely be interested in seeing your program. I'm
truly fascinated by language. My goal is to become fluent in many languages,
so I wanted to create this verb conjugator to help others who might have the
same goal or people who just need help in their foreign language classes in
school.

-Connor

>>on 5/9/04 12:54 AM, Pieter Pareit wrote:

> For list-related administrative tasks:
>
> Op zondag 9 mei 2004 03:30, schreef Connor Ferguson:
>

>> As for my OS X, I am constantly harping on my parents telling them that it
>> is absolutely vital for what I want to do with my computer that I get an
>> upgrade to OS X, but they don't seem to get the point. It'll happen
>> eventually, though.
>>

> If you need to run DrScheme on an mac that has no OS X, you might want to try
> linux on that machine. I don't have any experience with a particular distro
> for the mac, but you might try out Yellow Dog. Then you should have an unix
> like environment on witch you can compile DrScheme.
>
> Nice to hear some other people are working on educative software, I also been
> creating an application to conjugate (and deconjugate) verbs. See a
> screenshot at: http://users.skynet.be/ppareit/konjue.png
> While the program now is written in c++ and uses qt and verbiste [1], (I
> think) I still have some prototyping scheme code to talk to vebiste, if you
> plan on using vebiste, I could send it you.
>
> [1] is a library to conjugate and deconjugate more that 6000 french[2] verbs
> [2] it should be possible, by writing new datafiles, to make it work for other
> languages
>
> Pieter

Posted on the users mailing list.