[plt-scheme] Sanitizing DrScheme .scm files with XML boxes for MzScheme?

From: Roderick McGuire (mcguire at telerama.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 07:53:58 EST 2004

I said that the only way I know to compile files in DrScheme fails for
"multimedia" files. And I explicitly showed how I was trying to compile
them.

You replied that compilation fails in MzScheme but works in DrScheme,
which makes no sense as a reply.

And the help desk gives no additional information on compiling in DrScheme.

So, is there some special undocumented way in DrScheme to compile
"multimedia" files?

Robby Findler wrote:

> At Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:46:38 -0500, Roderick McGuire wrote:
>
>>Robby Findler wrote:
>>

>>>One thing you can try for now is to compile the file to a .zo file. It
>>>should be readable by mzscheme.

>>I have no idea of what you mean. You can help DrScheme compile files
>>by saying
>>
>>    (require (lib "compile.ss" "mzlib"))
>>
>>Then you can compile normal files by saying (compile-file "foo.scm").
>>However if you try to compile a file that contains XML boxes (which is
>>not an ascii file) then there will be failure complaints.
>

> Only if you try to compile it in mzscheme. You can compile it in mred
> or in drscheme and then the resulting .zo file should be readable by
> mzscheme.
>
> Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.