[plt-scheme] [OT] duplicate email

From: Bradd W. Szonye (bradd+plt at szonye.com)
Date: Wed Mar 24 17:09:13 EST 2004

Anton van Straaten wrote:
> That's not quite the whole story.  The reason people tend to cc these
> messages by default is that the list software is sending out the
> original messages without setting the "Reply To" address in the
> header.

It does include the standard "mailing list" headers, though. You're not
supposed to need the Reply-To: header; the mail agent is supposed to
interpret the list headers instead. There are technical reasons to
prefer that over the Reply-To: method. (Alas, I don't remember what they
are.) Unfortunately, some mailers just don't do mailing lists the
"right" way.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd