[plt-scheme] to define, or to let

From: Paul Schlie (schlie at comcast.net)
Date: Sun Mar 21 19:49:16 EST 2004

The corollary would then be, in order to detect programmer errors enabled
by an inherently error prone ambiguously evaluated function, let, let*, and
let-rec constructs, to require that their parameters to be exhaustively
evaluated for interdependencies which would otherwise result in ambiguous
results when evaluated in different implementations; as opposed to giving
the implementation the liberty to conduct as complete as analysis as desired
to enable the parallelization of otherwise safe and simple sequential
evaluation semantics.

(The latter seems more practical to me, doesn't it to you?)

-paul-