[plt-scheme] to define, or to let

From: Bradd W. Szonye (bradd+plt at szonye.com)
Date: Sun Mar 21 19:20:51 EST 2004

Paul Schlie wrote:
> Felix, Thanks for the clarification, however regardless of the
> "belief" that a programmer may have with respect to the relative
> independence of a collection of expressions, they may none the less
> actually have potentially subtle interdependencies which may not
> clearly express themselves until executed within an environment which
> chooses to evaluate them in a different order ....

That's hardly unique to this feature. The root cause of the problem here
is that the program's code does not match its design. No matter how you
spin it, it's still a programming error.

> ... which will result in an otherwise needless unanticipated failure.

The failure might be unanticipated, but I disagree that it's needless.
Given a program where the code does not match the design or the
programmer's intent, I would much rather see it fail than have it
"accidentally" succeed.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd