[plt-scheme] "variable not provided from module"

From: Guillaume Marceau (gmarceau at cs.brown.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 18 12:58:30 EST 2004

What does the following error message means?

        compile: variable not provided (directly or indirectly and at
        the expected position) from module:
        |,/home/gmarceau/projects/frp-debugger/jdwp| in:
        provide/contract-contract2

The error message disappears after I remove precompiled .zo for my
project. I guess I am not generating them correctly. Here is the script
I am using:

        #!/home/gmarceau/bin/mzscheme -r
        # mz-pre-parse.ss : generates .zo's for the target scheme files.
        (require (lib "compiler.ss" "compiler"))

        ; main: (listof string) ->
        (define (main args)
          (or (directory-exists? "compiled")
              (make-directory "compiled"))
          ((compile-zos #f) args "compiled"))

        (main (vector->list (current-command-line-arguments)))

Posted on the users mailing list.