[plt-scheme] Printing slideshow to PS

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 29 09:47:10 EDT 2004

At Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:03:45 +0100, Paulo Jorge O. C. Matos wrote:
> Except one thing I just noticed. An 'ã' which appears in a
> page-item, shows up ok while running the presentation but in the
> postscript shows as a 'ª'.

I forgot about this problem. Non-ASCII PS output isn't even close to
working in v20x. It works in v299, though, with support for Unicode PS
output in general (including CJK).

The only workaround I can think of is to use v299 for PS output.
Admittedly, that's not a pleasant solution, since it means keeping a
v299 tree just to produce PS, and there may be porting hassles (such as
having to use \343 instead of ã in strings, so that both v20x and v299
can read the code).

> Oh, and is it possible to convert also to postscript the
> slideshow comments?

Not currently, but I'll put it on the list of things to add.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.