[plt-scheme] srfi-0, srfi-7, srfi-55, etc.

From: Neil W. Van Dyke (neil at neilvandyke.org)
Date: Sun Jun 20 08:53:32 EDT 2004

1. Are there plans to put any of the features SRFIs (e.g., SRFI-0,
   SRFI-7) into MzScheme, such that the syntax is available without
   explicitly "require"-ing it?

2. Could some "features" be defined that identify the language of the
   hosting Scheme implementation (e.g., "mzscheme", "mzscheme207",
   "plt")?

   This is controversial, but I want to be able to write code that takes
   advantage of extensions available in particular Scheme
   implementations, especially PLT, with fallbacks to R5RS + SRFIs.  I'm
   finding I most often want something like "cond-expand", rather than
   abstracting out the conditional syntax into a set of
   mutually-exclusive implementation-specific "init" or library files.

Posted on the users mailing list.