[plt-scheme] Re: MzScheme incremental gc on windows unstable/not working?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 09:18:24 EDT 2004

At Tue, 13 Jul 2004 17:31:55 -0400 (EDT), join at krakendev.com wrote:
> Hmm. I'm not noticing mark.c in the log. Is including gc.h what you mean
> "Are you building from source?"?

I mean building MzScheme itself from source.

In other words, see plt/src/worksp/README to re-build MzScheme, MrEd,
and the associated DLLs.

I recommend leaving the output LIBs and DLLs with "xxxxxxx" in the name
(i.e., don't do the versioning step). That way, you can be sure during
testing that you're linking to the just-built libraries.

If nothing changes, still, maybe you can profile to find out where the
GC is spending all its time?

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.