[plt-scheme] embedding MzScheme with Carbon ?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 30 15:51:49 EST 2004

Hi Chris,

I haven't completely caught up with this thread, but...

At Fri, 30 Jan 2004 12:31:08 -0800, Chris Perkins wrote:
> A Carbon project cannot
> link with the .a files that gcc produces.  Any library files intended for
> Carbon must work with the code fragment manager, and gcc only produces Mach-O
> files.

This doesn't sound right. MrEd is a Carbon application that embeds
MzScheme, and it links to many libraries (e.g., Mach-O libraries in
/usr/lib).

> But, I took the v103 GC and MzScheme CodeWarrior projects

Offhand, I suggest starting with v206 and use the command-line build
process. It produces a framework, PLT_MzScheme, which you should be
able to link to your application.

If you need .a instead of a framework, configure with --enable-xonx,
and the make process will create "libmzscheme.a".

The problem with your CodeWarrior build, I suspect, is in "sconfig.h".
This header likely notices that the compiler is CodeWarrior, and then
makes the build go into OS 9 mode instead of OS X mode. You may need to
delete the CW-specific part of "sconfig.h", and also add -DOS_X to the
compiler flags.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.