[plt-scheme] embedding MzScheme with Carbon ?

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Fri Jan 30 15:47:49 EST 2004

On Jan 30, 2004, at 3:31 PM, Chris Perkins wrote:

> John,
>
> Actually, that is what you cannot do with Carbon.  A Carbon project
> cannot link with the .a files that gcc produces.  Any library files
> intended for Carbon must work with the code fragment manager, and gcc
> only produces Mach-O files.

Hmm... I can see that a project would not be considered Carbon unless
it used only CFM chunks.  After all, Carbon apps are supposed to run on
OS 9. However, it is _not_ the case that applications that link against
the Carbon framework can only use CFM chunks; in particular, OS X
DrScheme links against the Carbon framework, and also against Mach-O
object files.

So why can't you simply reclassify your project as an "OS X" project,
or whatever CodeWarrior uses to designate non-carbon apps, and then add
the Carbon framework to the link manually?

john

Posted on the users mailing list.