[plt-scheme] An Editors Tale

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jan 28 10:24:26 EST 2004

--- Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> My original hope was that we could (1) provide
> Pythonistas with a good GUI PDE and (2) attract
> some of them to work on our Python implementation
> and to import some of Python's numerous libraries.

The problem with Spy, at this point in time, is that
it doesn't offer any significant advantage over
CPython.  IIRC Spy is quite a bit slower and the
libraries aren't there (which really makes it unusable
for most development).  DrScheme for Python would be
nice and might attract some attention if the library
issue was solved.

Noel

=====
Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com