[plt-scheme] Fostering little languages

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 16 08:15:06 EST 2004

At Mon, 16 Feb 2004 13:55:57 +0100, Pierre CHATEL wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just read this article from "Dr Dobb's Journal" march issue. Very
> (very) good article by the way !
> I'm in my fourth year of studies in computer science and have the
> project of developping a "little langage" on top of Scheme using
> DrScheme's IDE. My question is: where can i find *real* information on
> making a new langage pack for exemple, or just interfacing with the
> stepper or any other tool that might need some help understanding the
> new syntax.
> "Fostering little languages" mentioned the problem but didn't give (in
> my opinion) a real answer...
>
> Thanks for the help :-)

Well (as the article points out) integrating with the stepper and
stepper-like tools is something that we're still figuring out, so you
need to actually hack the source of the stepper at the moment.

As far as how to get it working with the other tools, you merely
implement the language with macros and drscheme and the tools take care
of the rest. Wait for next month's DrDobbs for more details on that
one. :)

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.