[plt-scheme] On continuations...

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 19 12:20:27 EST 2004

In that case, you should definitely consider the functional solution
the best effort. It would be a literal translation of the mathematical
"program" that specifies the solution and thus automatically comes with
a correctness proof. The Python solution is an imperative kludge whose
correctness not one Python programmer, including GvR, could argue. Even
in the Scheme community, this problem only got attention with Talcott's
thesis in 1986 and my own in 1987.

-- Matthias

P.S. If you come across a specification of the mathematical solution in
math, could you please share with us? Most mathematicians dont really
use higher-order functions much so there solution is typically much
longer and I'd love to see what they do instead.