[plt-scheme] Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: Pinku Surana (suranap at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 9 19:54:50 EST 2004

If you're referring to Quack, I'm using it now but it doesn't do much
AFAIK. Google found a defunct mzscheme-ilisp, but nothing else.

No one want an IDE flame war. Since I'm muddling by with DrScheme now,
maybe I'll send in a newbie's half-assed opinion later.

Do most people use DrScheme, not MzScheme, for development? If you've
convinced other Emacs zealots to change, then I'll give it another
weekend before I give up. ;-)

Pinku

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:39:14 -0500, Matthias Felleisen
<matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 9, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Pinku Surana wrote:
>
> >   For list-related administrative tasks:
> >
> > I'm attempting to move from Scheme48 to MzScheme and had a few simple
> > questions. Primarily, can I do everything DrScheme does with MzScheme
> > instead? Using the DrScheme environment is a deal-breaker for me.
>
> Why? We want to make sure that people are happy with DrScheme as an
> environment and, as a person who is on record as saying "I do
> everything with emacs except eat", I must say that I much prefer
> DrScheme over Emacs these days. I do occasionally switch to Emacs to do
> things quickly, in the same way I switch to vi for text things when
> Emacs would be a pain.
>
> There is a MrEd mode for Emacs around and perhaps it makes you happy.
> But programming with modules in DrScheme is a charm!
>
> -- Matthias
>

> > - How do I load DrScheme's module language into mzscheme? Also, how do
> > I turn on case-sensitivity?
> >
> > - How do I enter a module from within the REPL to interact with it? In
> > s48 it's ",in module".
> >
> > - Conversely, if I'm in a module, how do I go back to the top REPL? In
> > s48 it's ",user".
> >
> > - How do I reload a module after editing it? Calling "require" again
> > doesn't appear to reload it.
> >
> > - In the REPL, how can I access the previous output? In s48 it's ##.
> >
> > - When I've created a unit, how do I use it within the REPL? It
> > doesn't like ^ in a name (signature^).
> >
> > - Does mzscheme support interactive debugging? Inspecting data
> > structures?
> >
> > Finally, if these are answered in a doc I missed somewhere, please
> > point me to it.
> >
> > Thanks.

Posted on the users mailing list.