[plt-scheme] Interacting w/ MzScheme

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 9 17:39:14 EST 2004

On Dec 9, 2004, at 4:05 PM, Pinku Surana wrote:

> I'm attempting to move from Scheme48 to MzScheme and had a few simple
> questions. Primarily, can I do everything DrScheme does with MzScheme
> instead? Using the DrScheme environment is a deal-breaker for me.

Why? We want to make sure that people are happy with DrScheme as an
environment and, as a person who is on record as saying "I do
everything with emacs except eat", I must say that I much prefer
DrScheme over Emacs these days. I do occasionally switch to Emacs to do
things quickly, in the same way I switch to vi for text things when
Emacs would be a pain.

There is a MrEd mode for Emacs around and perhaps it makes you happy.
But programming with modules in DrScheme is a charm!

-- Matthias

> - How do I load DrScheme's module language into mzscheme? Also, how do
> I turn on case-sensitivity?
>
> - How do I enter a module from within the REPL to interact with it? In
> s48 it's ",in module".
>
> - Conversely, if I'm in a module, how do I go back to the top REPL? In
> s48 it's ",user".
>
> - How do I reload a module after editing it? Calling "require" again
> doesn't appear to reload it.
>
> - In the REPL, how can I access the previous output? In s48 it's ##.
>
> - When I've created a unit, how do I use it within the REPL? It
> doesn't like ^ in a name (signature^).
>
> - Does mzscheme support interactive debugging? Inspecting data
> structures?
>
> Finally, if these are answered in a doc I missed somewhere, please
> point me to it.
>
> Thanks.

Posted on the users mailing list.