[plt-scheme] [Ann] Common Larceny alpha

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 6 11:28:19 EST 2004

For now Common Larceny is a Scheme-based language that runs on MS's
.Net and that is intended for scripting the .Net class framework. The
implementation is a compiler that is derived from Will Clinger's
Larceny/Twobit system. Over the next semester, we hope to gain
experience with scripting and post a cookbook-style manual so that
people can quickly get to work in this world.

At the same time, we hope to integrate some of mzscheme's constructs
into the scripting language. Depending on man-power and money, we hope
to make the language as mzscheme-like as possible. This is mostly my
personal goal, but I have epsilon-ish personal time for this project.
If we succeed, we will get at least a compiler for mzscheme-like
programs on the .Net platform.

-- Matthias