[plt-scheme] MBCS support for MzScheme and DrScheme

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 28 09:21:43 EDT 2004

At Sat, 28 Aug 2004 11:15:55 +0900, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
> But I have found that some Japanese characters
> such as {0x80,0xA0} or {0x83,0x60} or {0x83,0x7D} is displayed
> garbled. I wonder why this happens.
> I think this is not a problem of fonts nor locales.
>
> I am now trying to hack DrScheme (MrEd) to display Japanese characaters
> correctly. I hope any hints what source file or component
> should I examine to solve this problem.

I can't think of any reason for this, either. The place to start
looking is likely plt/src/mred/wxme/wx_{mpriv,media}.cxx.

Probably you already know this, but just in case someone on the list
doesn't...

MzScheme/MrEd/DrScheme version 300 will support Unicode, and v300 is
currently planned as the successor to v208.

The current development version toward v300 is v299.14, which is
available from CVS using the "v299" tag. MzScheme and MrEd v299
currently work fine; DrScheme is getting closer.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.