[plt-scheme] web-server and templates

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 08:40:10 EDT 2004

--- Jordan Johnson <jorjohns at cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

> Has anybody made a template language based on the
> web-server collection?

I'm a bit late to this party, but none the less...

I would avoid systems that intermingle code and HTML (PHP
style solutions).  They don't scale in my experience as
they have very poor abstraction facilities.  I like the
WebIt! system a lot.  It is basically a tree transformation
language very similar to syntax-case.  (It is billed as an
XML transformation language but the XML part is irrelevant
as you can do all your work in Scheme.)  I have developed a
number of websites in WebIt! and can give you code examples
if you decide you are interested.

HTH,
Noel

=====