[plt-scheme] web-server and templates

From: Jordan Johnson (jorjohns at cs.indiana.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 14 15:59:55 EDT 2004

First, thanks to the two folks who replied to my template question;
I'll look at both the mechanisms they offered and may incorporate one
of them in my solution.

A correspondent responding to me off-list reminded me of another
question I'd meant to ask, also (though it may be more of an HTML/CGI
question than a Scheme one):

The web-server docs mentioned that you can use a URL such as
	http://myserver/servlets/myservlet/some/other/data
and find that some/other/data is accessible as extra information within
the servlet.  How does one do this?

While I'm at it (and this is definitely more of a CGI question, but
related--pardon me): if I want to determine which URL or form data to
use based on a single click--and *don't* want to use a form submit
button--is this the only way:
	`(a ((href ,(string-append url "?arg=suchandsuch"))) "click here")
?

Thanks,
jmj

--
No matter how far down the wrong road you have gone, turn back now.
		-- Anonymous (Turkish proverb)