Breaking modules (was Re: [plt-scheme] fluid-let-syntax may get flushed)

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 11 10:25:09 EDT 2004

At Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:56:31 -0400, "Richard C. Cobbe" wrote:
> Because while I don't use fluid-let-syntax, I do use one of the other
> ways of "break[ing] into a module and access[ing] the module's private
> bindings," as Matthew said in his original post.  In the same message,
> Matthew said that he was closing up these other ways, and I'm asking
> whether the idiom I described will also be affected by his changes.

It will still work.

In fact, `module->namespace' will work in more contexts than it does
now, because it will not depend on whether the module was originally
declared or attached in the current namespace's registry. In other
words, access control will become more fine-grained.

More details soon.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.