[plt-scheme] Re: plt-scheme digest, Vol 1 #951 - 15 msgs

From: Matthew Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Tue Aug 10 06:03:07 EDT 2004

I really liked FrTime when I saw it a few weeks ago.

I still really like it.

>Would you like to monitor your program's execution?  Annoyed at having
>to insert, remove, enable or disable print statements?  Want to build
>auxilliary data structures to track those in your program?

Just because this solves some problems/challenges I've had lately, and I
want to do a sanity check:

1) I write a Scheme program: say, a small bytecode interpreter
2) I want to "debug" my programs.
3) I write a little GUI that continuously shows the state of the
register variables and memory hash using FrTime.
4) I can even (I suspect) run my computation backwards and forwards if I
instrument the virtual machine correctly, using << and >> buttons in a
FrTime GUI. I imagine an appropriate call to call/cc in one or two
places achieves what I'm talking about.

Now, I have a steppable virtual machine. That's nifty. Whizzy, even.
Very, very cool.