[plt-scheme] Eli Barzilay's new FFI stuff

From: Christopher Armstrong (radeex at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 6 10:05:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:02:41 -0400, Eli Barzilay <eli at barzilay.org> wrote:
> On Aug  6, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> > Is anyone aware of Eli Barzilay's recent work on a better FFI for
> > PLT?
>
> It's in CVS, part of v299, so you will have to use that (use a `-r
> v299').  There's no real reason for not including it with the
> exp-tagged version, just that maintaining two versions takes too much
> maintenance effort.

Ohh. I didn't see any mention of -r v299 on the CVS page. Thanks for
pointing this out.

> It's in a pretty much complete state (a few minor
> things need to be done), and there is also documentation (which is not
> yet included).

Is it accessible anywhere?

> But there are probably lots of little tweaks and
> changes that will come when more people use it, so feedback is very
> helpful at this stage.  Mail me or the list if you have any questions,
> suggestions, etc.

Ok! Thanks a lot. I found the examples in plt/collects/ffi; those
should be very useful.

> (BTW, I almost always keep around stuff I need to
> reply to...)

Aha. But I see that publically complaining is catalytic ;-) ;-)

---------+            http://radix.twistedmatrix.com