[plt-scheme] Eli Barzilay's new FFI stuff

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Fri Aug 6 09:02:41 EDT 2004

On Aug  6, Christopher Armstrong wrote:
> Is anyone aware of Eli Barzilay's recent work on a better FFI for
> PLT?  I can't seem to find the results of it (after searching
> through the archives of this list, googling, and checking out the
> 'ext' branch of CVS), and he hasn't responded to my private email.

It's in CVS, part of v299, so you will have to use that (use a `-r
v299').  There's no real reason for not including it with the
exp-tagged version, just that maintaining two versions takes too much
maintenance effort.  It's in a pretty much complete state (a few minor
things need to be done), and there is also documentation (which is not
yet included).  But there are probably lots of little tweaks and
changes that will come when more people use it, so feedback is very
helpful at this stage.  Mail me or the list if you have any questions,
suggestions, etc.  (BTW, I almost always keep around stuff I need to
reply to...)