[plt-scheme] Unicode, take 3

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 1 16:51:36 EST 2004

At Thu, 1 Apr 2004 22:54:25 +0200, Grzegorz Chrupała wrote:
> I would be seriously interested in knowing about plans and schedule for
> basic Unicode support in PLT scheme.

The "take 2" version was pretty much implemented at the MzScheme/MrEd
level shortly after I sent this message:

 http://list.cs.brown.edu/pipermail/plt-scheme/2004-February/004837.html

A few applications have been ported, including SirMail. (Is your name
rendered correctly above?) When Robby's day job lets up, I expect that
DrScheme won't be far behind.

You can actually get v299.3 from CVS by update with -r v299 instead of
-r exp. I don't recommend it until DrScheme and Help Desk are ready. In
case anyone insists, v299 docs are temporarily available at

 http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/tmp/mzscheme-doc.plt
 http://www.cs.utah.edu/~mflatt/tmp/mred-doc.plt

(You have to read the docs with v206 Help Desk.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.