[plt-scheme] call/ec tail calls

From: David Van Horn (dvanhorn at emba.uvm.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 10 20:25:06 EST 2003

The documentation for call/ec states that "the application of call/ec's
argument is not a tail call," which seems odd given that R5RS states the
application of call/cc's argument must be a tail call.  However in all the
test cases that I've been able to come up with that should grow without bound,
were the application of call/ec's argument not a tail call, I've found they
don't grow at all.  So is this a documentation bug (call/ec really does apply
it's argument as a tail call), or am I just not able to find such an example
that grows without bound using call/ec (could someone provide such an
example)?  If the documentation is correct, why can't call/ec do the tail call
while call/cc can?

Thanks in advance.

-d

Posted on the users mailing list.