[plt-scheme] Nested syntax-rules problem

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 20 09:09:14 EDT 2003

At Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:08:29 -0400 (EDT), Andre van Tonder wrote:
> ; I am having a problem with nested syntax-rules interacting
> ; with hygienic identifiers in a non-predictable way.

I finally found the bug. The exp-tagged code in CVS is fixed.

> ; There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the cases that do not work.
> ; For example, if we omit the field "bar", it works again.

To expose the bug, a macro-generated expression had to include a
`let-values' form with more than 10 bindings, where at least 3
identifiers have the same symbolic name, and where the 3rd identifier
is used in the body of the `let-values'. (The phase of the moon turned
out to be irrelevant.)

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.