[plt-scheme] Cross compiling for linux-arm

From: Kirill Lisovsky (lisovsky at pair.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 11:30:52 EST 2003

Hello!

On 25 Feb 2003, Adrian Matellanes wrote:

> 	I've been playing around cross-compiling PLT for Linux on StrongArm.
> 	I had to hack a little to get it, it runs okay but I didnt like that
> hacks I had to do and I think that maybe I run ./configure with the
> wrong options, I did:
>
>   ./configure --host=arm-linux --x-libraries=path-to-x-libraries
>

>        Has anyone cross-compiled PLT for linux-arm? Could somebody tell
> me what are the correct arguments for ./configure?

I've cross compiled PLT for Sharp Zaurus using Embedix:

export CC="/opt/Embedix/tools/arm-linux/bin/gcc"
export CC_FOR_BUILD="gcc"
./configure --prefix=/your/target/dir --without-x --disable-mred --enable-dynlib
make

As the Zaurus uses Qt/Embedded instead of X, I can't comment on
X-related issues.

Best regards,
         Kirill.

Posted on the users mailing list.