[plt-scheme] MrED - scrollbars

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sun Dec 7 19:01:10 EST 2003

Sadly, there is no way in our GUI library to put controls (like buttons
and check boxes) under the control of a scrollbar.

Instead, it sounds like you would be better off using the editor
hierarchy. You can use one main text% in an editor-canvas% for the
entire table and then add editor-snip%s (with embedded text% objects)
for the elements of the table.

Robby

At Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:29:04 +0000, Guenther Schmidt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been making some progress on MrED and Scheme in general, on this one I'm stuck though:
>
> My application (in progress ;-)) has text-fields buttons and so on for entering checks
> (amount number payee) and a button to save the check (add it to the list of checks), reset
> the input fields and display the newly created check in a table (outer vertical-pane with
> horizontal-panes as rows for now).
>
> Now as I add the checks naturally the table grows (adding horizontal-pane childreen to the
> vertical-pane). Now at a certain size I would prefer a scrollbar to appear instead of the
> pane growing.
>
> What classes or elements should I use instead for the above setup?
>
> How would you go about displaying elements in a table?
>
> Kind regards
>
> Guenther

Posted on the users mailing list.