[plt-scheme] Re: Useful Emacs code when working with PLT Scheme

From: Bill Clementson (bill_clementson at yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Dec 7 17:26:13 EST 2003

Hmm, I haven't had any bites yet on my original post,
so I'll suggest another useful snippet of Emacs code.

This code comments out an s-expression using
multi-line comments (e.g. -- #|...|#). The code is
here:
http://home.comcast.net/~bc19191/2003_12_07_bill-clementson_archive.html#107083580171772470

Here are the rules:
1. When the insert-balanced-comments function is
invoked, it will comment out the s-expression that the
cursor is enclosed in.
2. If the function is evoked again immediately
afterwards, the comment will move out an s-expression.
3. If a prefix key is used, it will comment out the
s-expression that is "prefix-argument" away from the
cursor.
4. When the remove-balanced-comments function is
invoked, it will un-comment the nearest enclosing
s-expression.

Anybody else have any useful Emacs code snippets?
Gosh, it gets a bit embarassing when I have to reply
to my own posts ;-)

--
Bill Clementson