[plt-scheme] Installing SrPersist

From: Arend P. van der Veen (apv at capital.net)
Date: Fri Dec 5 09:57:27 EST 2003

Hi,

I am new to plt-scheme and am having trouble installing SrPersist.  I am
using version 205 under Redhat Linux 9.0.

To load I type:

setup-plt srpersist-204.plt.

This places files under my home directory  in ".plt-scheme/205" and not
where scheme is installed (/opt/plt).  If I run the setup command as
root the files are placed in /root/.plt-scheme/205.  I then updated the
make file with information releaded to my ODBC manager.

When I try to run the make file in ~/.plt-scheme/205/src/srpersist it
complains that it can not find:

escheme.h
schvers.h

When I look at the make file closer I notice that the include path
contains ../../include and other parts reference ../../bin/mzscheme.  I
think these links are only correct if SrPersist was install under
/opt/plt.

So my question is how do I tell setup-plt to install the package under
/opt/plt ?

Thanks in advance,
Arend van der Veen

Posted on the users mailing list.