[plt-scheme] trouble building drscheme on irix

From: John Clements (clements at brinckerhoff.org)
Date: Mon Dec 1 09:24:44 EST 2003

On Nov 28, 2003, at 11:51 PM, TiM wrote:

> greetings ... i hope someone can fix this problem:

> all seems well, but then i run gmake and it compiles some stuff but
> then dies with:
>
> ar: Warning: creating libmzscheme.a
>
>        : libmzscheme.a
>        make mzscheme
>        gcc -g -O2  -Wall     -I../../drscheme/plt/src/mzscheme/include
> -c ../../drscheme/plt/src/mzscheme/main.c -o main.o
>        gcc -o mzscheme main.o  libmzscheme.a libmzgc.a  -lm
> make mred-stub
>        cd mred; make
> make: file `Makefile' line 121: Syntax error
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)
> *** Error code 1 (bu21)

It looks like the build of mzscheme succeeded.  If you don't need mred
etc., you should be ready for the next step, which for you will be
'make mzinstall', IIRC.  I furthermore conjecture that in the first
step, 'make mz' would have compiled mzscheme without even trying to
compile mred.

Doesn't the README cover this?

john

Posted on the users mailing list.