[plt-scheme] Non-Carbon MacOS 9 MzSchemeLib?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 24 17:10:01 EDT 2002

At 24 Sep 2002 16:29:44 -0400, Eric Kidd wrote:
> Hello!  I still haven't had any luck building a non-Carbon version of
> MzSchemeLib for MacOS 9 (Carbon is missing some APIs which exist in OS 9
> and OS X, and so I can't use it).
>
> Is there any hope of getting this to work with a few day's effort, or
> should I just give up now?

Sorry that I forgot to reply to your earlier message.

A non-carbon MzScheme build is probably not too difficult. The MzScheme
code doesn't rely much (if any, in OS 9 mode) on the Carbon library.

What happens if you remove every "#include <Carbon.h>" (there should be
only 2 or 3), adjust the makefile link line, and then try to build?

I'm hoping that there's just one or two snags where I can help. I won't
have time in the next few weeks to try it myself.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.