[plt-scheme] schemeQL

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Sep 19 10:21:24 EDT 2002

Pedro> -----Original Message-----
Pedro> From: Francisco Solsona [mailto:solsona at acm.org]
Pedro> Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:40 PM
Pedro> To: Pedro Pinto
Pedro> Cc: plt-scheme at cs.brown.edu
Pedro> Subject: Re: [plt-scheme] schemeQL

Pedro> "Pedro Pinto" <ppinto at cs.cmu.edu> writes:

Pedro> Hi,

>> I am trying to use schemeQL (latest version) under Windows XP and I
>> have come across the following problem:
Pedro> >
>>  > SELECT *
>>    FROM publishers
>> Unspecified error in get-diag-field

Pedro> This has come up several times in the past.  With the help of Jon Kre
Pedro> Hellan, we fixed a bug (when using unixODBC at least), and improve the
Pedro> error reporting system (Unspecified error is not very informative).

Pedro> I will release a new .plt package tonight.

Pedro> This, I'm afraid, won't solve your problem, but it will be more
Pedro> informative as to what we should be looking for.  In the mean time,
Pedro> could you tell me what DBMS and ODBC driver are you using?

The main reason for your problem is that MS SQL Server doesn't seem to
support testing for the unsigned attribute.  I got things mostly
working by making this change in CREATE-COLUMN-BUFFERS:

Replace
                     (unsigned? (is-column-unsigned? hstmt i))

by
		     (unsigned? #f)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike