[plt-scheme] Compiling SrPersist in plt-201

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 5 08:14:38 EDT 2002

'Richard Michael' wrote:
> Ok, just so this goes into an archive somewhere :) , here's what I've
> done:
> ...
>     removed "-lmzgc" from the srpmain.so target

I'll do the same.  I'm not sure why that's there.  It might
be that I added it a long time ago, back when I didn't really 
grok how extensions worked, or maybe there was a time when 
using GC-related functions required this library.

>   edited srpersist.h:
>     added:
>       #define SQL_WCHAR              (-8)
>       #define SQL_WVARCHAR           (-9)
>       #define SQL_WLONGVARCHAR       (-10)
>       #define SQL_C_WCHAR            SQL_WCHAR

I'll try to wrap these in an #ifdef in srpersist.h.

> SrPersist now builds and installs and "works" (i.e. I can add it in my
> DrScheme REPL window).  I haven't made any calls to my PG database yet.
> I'm now going to remove plt-201, install 202 and redo the entire process
> and make sure it all still works!
> I don't think you have to spend time worrying about it.  The docs and
> Makefile are clear.  I'm new to ODBC, so I'm a little confused about the
> various versions (3.x, etc.) and I was just coming off two days of
> trying to sort out a free ODBC driver (which was nuts).  Paul's tip
> about removing the #include for sqlucode.h and adding the necessary
> defines in srpersist.h was a real help though.

I'll add to the README to mention the sqlucode.h issues.

> I came to SrPersist and SchemeQL after starting out with BRL.  

Please let me know how your experience with SrPersist goes.  Sorry
for all the problems compiling.  I've always compiled in a full 
source tree under both Unix and Windows, so I wasn't aware of the 
issues you faced.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.