[plt-scheme] I want the old help desk back

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sun Sep 1 14:35:30 EDT 2002

Brian Campbell wrote:
> Would it be possible to make the help browser not use frames? I
> find that in my browser (OmniWeb on Mac OS X), the frames screw
> up my back button, so every time I hit back, I go to the list of
> manuals, rather than the previous page. Couldn't the search form
> just be automatically added to the top of each page?

Yes, but it would be esthetically displeasing, IMHO.

I find that Mozilla 1.0 sometimes has problems with the Back button,
too.  But it's a browser bug, not a Help Desk issue.

> Or maybe there's something screwy with how the help desk frames
> work, since usually, I've found that frames work fine in
> OmniWeb. It's just in the help desk that things break.

Well, a frame tag is a frame tag.  There's nothing special
about the tags used by Help Desk.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.