[plt-scheme] srfi-0 cond-expand

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Tue Oct 8 09:32:45 EDT 2002

MJ>   For list-related administrative tasks:

MJ> Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] <sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> This is implementation-dependent---I'd say duplicate the semantics of
>> the underlying LOAD.

MJ> I dislike that, because it means that the code won't be portable, despite
MJ> the configuration language.  SRFI 7 got through without much discussion and
MJ> I think it is under-specified.  The incentive isn't there to do another SRFI
MJ> to fix it, because SRFI 0 probably will work well enough.

There sure is, because there's code out there that uses SRFI 7.  It
doesn't solve all the problems, but it sure solves more than SRFI 0.

(I'm sorry if any of this came out as bashing your work---this is not
what I intended.  I'm just hoping you'll volunteer for more of the
same.)

--
Cheers =8-} Mike