[plt-scheme] srfi-0 cond-expand

From: Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] (sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon Oct 7 09:40:04 EDT 2002

MJ>   For list-related administrative tasks:

MJ> Michael Sperber [Mr.  Preprocessor] <sperber at informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> You really should be looking into implementing SRFI 7 instead.  Should
>> be a lot easier as well.

MJ> I looked at SRFI 7, but it seems to contain more than I needed and some of
MJ> those other parts perpetuate problems which are a pain in standard Scheme.
MJ> For example, how are the files named in (files <filename>+) located?

This is implementation-dependent---I'd say duplicate the semantics of
the underlying LOAD.

The big problem with SRFI 0 is that it assumes a monolithic Scheme
implementation: it doesn't support SRFIs which are libraries, which is
what most SRFIs are in one form or another, especially in the context
of PLT Scheme.

MJ> It also looks like a way to load a Scheme program, rather than something to
MJ> write as part of a Scheme program to specify the features needed.  Of
MJ> course, I'd be happy to hear that I misunderstood it.

The configuration languages in SRFI 0 and SRFI 7 are pretty much the
same.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike