[plt-scheme] MrEd: creating an inactive child

From: Doug Orleans (dougo at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 3 12:18:07 EST 2002

Is there a way to create a window that is an inactive child of its
parent?  Or must I send delete-child to its parent to make it inactive
after creating it as active?

I ask this because I want to replace a window with a new window, and
the only way I can see how to do this is with change-childen on the
window's parent, replacing the child with the new child.  But, when I
create the new window in preparation to calling change-children, it
immediately adds it to its parent's list of children, so I have to
delete it before calling change-children.  Even worse, if the parent
is currently being shown, the parent will grow and shrink as the new
child gets added and deleted.

--dougo at ccs.neu.edu

Posted on the users mailing list.