[plt-scheme] No network - no help

From: Paul Steckler (steck at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon Aug 12 20:05:21 EDT 2002

Benderjg2 at aol.com wrote:
> Per se, if you have been able to run the v200 web server on your machine
> without a network, I think you should be able to get the help desk to work
> in v201.

No, the v200 Help Desk did not use the Web server, just the file system.

> I don't know if this small change will work on Linux, but I dealt with this
> problem on my laptop by changing help/private/server.ss: each of occurence
> of  "127.0.0.1" I changed to "localhost". It is a silly change, but it
> worked on Windows.

You're using Windows 98, right?

That's actually a bug in DrScheme's TCP/IP for Windows 98 (or maybe
in Windows 98 itself).  The next release will have a fix for that.
Even when you use "localhost", you're relying on network support.

-- Paul

Posted on the users mailing list.